If you haven’t begun outdoor holiday decorating, a good place to start is with your front door, porch or walkway. Nothing is more welcoming for your guests than a splash of greenery, simple bows or a lush wreath that says, “Happy Holidays”. You can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish, but before the temperatures drop any further get in the creative zone, put on some festive music and go at it. Here’s how.
- Hang a beautiful wreath on your front door. Many nurseries have them as simple or as lush as you would like. You can pick one up at your local grocery store if time is of the essence. For added sparkle, you can purchase some battery-operated lights for an added festive feature. Look for them at Chapters Indigo, Pier 1 or anywhere Christmas lights are sold. You can also opt for an artificial one. Decorate it yourself with ornaments or pinecones. Ideas are endless for either one.
- You know those urns of potted plants you had all summer? Yes those. You can either pot a real cedar tree on either side of your door, add white lights or you can refill them with greenery, some dogwood, pine stumps, holly and a bright bow to make your porch festive and welcoming. There are two types of cedar, BC cedar that is softer and drapes beautifully, or Ontario cedar, which is great filler and adds volume. A mixture of greenery makes your urn fuller and richer. You can add some seeded eucalyptus or salal leaves.
- Add a garland of greenery – Most places will offer cedar and pine garland and you can hang it around your porch or banister. Line it with white lights or coloured lights. Now you can be festive both day and night.
- Add spotlights – If strings of light are too much for you, settle on coloured spotlights to highlight your home. Try a combination of colour like red and green or opt for a monochromatic palette like all blue, all green etc. There are some new products out there so visit your local Canadian Tire, Home Depot or Lowes for more ideas.
- Check out your local retailers on how to light up that beautiful Bomanite walkway. Keep in mind that they have to work with or without snow or possible rain. Your best bet would be path lights that are put up and connected to the rest of your outdoor lights. It’s a good idea to work them into your Christmas light display like the below example.
For more inspiration, search Pinterest or Google. You’ll find plenty of ideas online or even at your local retailer.
Happy Holidays from Bomanite!
Bomanite’s concrete design centre is where all the inspiration lies! From residential concrete services such as concrete driveways and walkways all the way to concrete pool decks, patios and more, this is where you will find everything you need to create your vision.
Bomanite’s concrete design centre is newly renovated and offers the perfect place to browse through concrete products and choose exactly what you are looking for. There is plenty of space and a wide selection, so customers are able to take their time and explore everything Bomanite has to offer.
It’s harder to imagine what something would look like without actually seeing and touching it. That’s why we encourage clients to come in and see for themselves exactly what our concrete is all about. You will also have a chance to talk to our experienced consultants who will be prepared to help you with any ideas and concerns you may have. Whether you are trying to create a concrete driveway, walkway or any other type of design, they will be able to assist you.
Bomanite’s concrete design centre is located in the heart of Vaughan, near Highway 27 and Highway 407. Whether you live in Brampton, Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan, Toronto, Oakville, Milton or any other part of the GTA, we are accessible to you!
Contact us today to schedule your visit or take a look at bomanite.ca for more information!
Increasing the value of our home is something we’d all love to achieve! It’s not the easiest of tasks…But now you can and we’ll tell you how:
Everyone wants a beautiful home and Bomanite is here to help you achieve exactly that. Installing stamped concrete for your driveway or patio creates curb appeal and automatically increases the value of your home.
Reasons to Renovate with Stamped Concrete
- Cost efficient – Stamped concrete will make your surface resemble products like brick and stone without paying the equivalent of what those products would cost. Stamped concrete is more affordable because the entire installation process involves less work, and minimal materials are used to lay out the product. You get a beautiful look for a great value.
- Less maintenance – Stamped concrete has a smooth finish leaving no room for weeds to grow in between cracks, making it easy to clean away any dirt or residue.
- Slip resistant – During the rainy and snowy months, your outside walkways can become a safety hazard; however, Bomanite’s stamped concrete provides slip resistant materials to ensure every step is safe.
- Curb Appeal – There’s no denying it – every home automatically looks more stunning after the addition of stamped concrete to either the driveway, backyard or both. By amplifying the appearance of your home, you will also instantly increase the value.
The Stamped Concrete Process
First, the expert pours the concrete on the designated surface (it can be placed on top of previous concrete applications). After the product is evenly distributed, the design of your choice is stamped on top for a natural, clean look. Conveniently, stamped concrete comes in a variety of colours and can easily be matched to the exterior of your home.
Why choose Bomanite?
Bomanite offers stamped concrete that will positively transform your yard, having people stop to admire a job well done. Experts at Bomanite are highly experienced in installing stamped concrete with a guarantee of top quality and professional services. By applying a safer, longer lasting concrete, you save money while increasing the value of your home.
Bomanite offers stamped concrete services in Vaughan, King, Kleinberg, Maple and across the GTA! For more information about stamped concrete driveways, walkways, patios and more, visit our website.
With summer just around the corner, the thought of jumping into a refreshing pool is exciting and intriguing, but before you can begin building, you must ensure the job will get done properly. Bomanite wants you to successfully install a pool that will provide you with the backyard of your dreams.
Hiring an expert to install your pool will not only make your pool visually appealing, but they are willing to cater to your needs to map out, shape, size and depth of your pool correctly. Professionals are conscious of the important elements in your backyard surroundings like sprinklers, trees and gardens as well as consider different ways to approach the project without damaging or putting your home at risk.
Installing a pool and concrete pool decks can be expensive. After carefully observing your backyard, an expert can work out pricing and stay within your decided budget. A pool is a long-term commitment and it is important to invest suitably.
It is also important to consult a landscape expert, like Bomanite, before planning to install your pool. We will ensure that you have the perfect strategy to move forward with your backyard renovation. With the help of skilled consultants at Bomanite, you are guaranteed to have the most beautiful concrete pool deck imaginable.
Bomanite offers an array of products including concrete polishing, allowing your pool to be the first thing you see and adore once you step outside into your yard.
We would be more than glad to service you with a concrete pool deck! Bomanite is available in Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Milton, and Aurora. Visit bomanite.ca for more information.
In HGTV’s new series, Moving the McGillivrays, popular renovator and host of Income Property, Scott McGillivray and his wife Sabrina plan and develop their lifelong family home. Every episode in the series features a glimpse into the creation of their dream home, as well as a look at their busy life, taking care of their two daughters and balancing full-time jobs.
In Episode Four of this exciting new T.V. show, Scott has the chance to build something he’s been wanting his whole life: a workshop. But it’s not just any ordinary workshop. Scott is building his perfect workshop: a man cave. Meanwhile, Sabrina is creating a space for schoolwork and crafts, which she calls her femme-den.
It takes a lot of work and planning to build the room of your dreams. One of the most important parts of the whole process is the foundation, which Bomanite had the honour of taking care of. Featured on this episode of Moving the McGillivrays, Bomanite lays concrete with a cool finish in the workshop, creating a canvas for the rest of Scott’s man cave.
Bomanite was extremely honoured to be a part of HGTV’s Moving the McGillivrays. This was the opportunity of a lifetime for everyone involved!
Bomanite would love to be a part of creating your dream home. Whether it is stamped concrete, exposed aggregate or any other residential or commercial service, call us today for a free quote or visit bomanite.ca for more information.
Concrete comes in many different types of finishes! It’s not always easy to pick when there are so many options available to you! What you may not know is that Bomanite specializes in a sandscape concrete finish for outdoor applications. A sandscape finish offers a twist on a traditional look through the possibility of many different patterns and styles. The final product is always a modern look that elevates the look of a building. Not only does sandscape concrete look great for pool decks, driveways and walkways, but it also the perfect option for commercial concrete services.
Through specialized mix designs, additives and advancements in application, Bomanite has created a specialized Sandscape Texture. This offers the perfect, modern option for outdoor concrete finishes. If you’re looking for a stunning but also practical concrete finish, then you may want to consider sandscape. This finish is an economical alternate to other types of decorative concrete. It is durable, attractive and easy to maintain. It’s a great option for those looking at an upcoming outdoor renovation.
Bomanite would be happy to service you! For more information about sandscape concrete in Vaughan or the GTA, visit bomanite.ca
Summer and concrete really do go hand in hand! The hot weather has arrived, which means it’s the perfect time for outdoor renovations. Take a look around your backyard. Is it time for an upgrade? If you love the outdoors and you are constantly hosting guests in the summertime, the answer should be yes. Start considering how to elevate your backyard area.
There are many different options available to you, some of which you may not even have known about! First and foremost, you have to begin with a new stamped concrete patio. As opposed to the traditional wood patio, stamped concrete can create stylish patterns in unlimited designs. There are many colours available to match your home and there are many patterns to select from. With stamped concrete, you can mimic other popular materials, such as brick, slate, tile and more.
Next, you can get creative. If you have a pool or a hot tub, use stamped concrete to create an elegant look! An architectural concrete design can take your pool area from looking like a regular backyard to an exotic getaway vacation at your own home.
Finally, you can complete the whole look with the finishing touches in your outdoor space! If you have walkways or steps in your backyard, concrete can be the perfect option. Stamped concrete is a great investment as well because of its durability in the outdoor weather.
We’d be happy to service you with decorative stamped concrete if you live in Toronto or the surrounding area. Call us today for a free quote or visit http://bomanite.ca/services/residential/concrete-driveways/ for more information.
Bomanite is one of the oldest companies around when it comes to Decorative Concrete. We are so happy that we have been able to provide our services to so many satisfied customers along the way. As the years go on we try and be more innovative and do our best to continue to please our customers.
Bomanite has expanded throughout the years and we are so pleased to offer our customers a full Design Centre right in our office. Sometimes it’s hard for somebody to pick a texture or a colour based on just a photo, they want to be able to see and feel things on their own. Our experienced consultants will help design and envision the perfect stamped concrete layout for your driveway, back yard, walkway, pool deck or landscaping. We encourage all our clients to come into the Design Centre because it allows them to take the time to envision their dream outdoor renovation. No matter what you choose stamped, limestone, sandscape or exposed we will be able to show you a sample here at Bomanite. Generally it is better to call ahead of time to schedule an appointment with one of our representatives. However if you are in the area don’t hesitate to walk in and see what we have to offer, we are confident that you will be happy with what you see. Bomanite has the largest Design Centre catering to Decorative concrete in the GTA. Give us a call and come see us today! We’d be happy to give you a tour!!