2018 is well under way and if you have not noticed, the snow is already beginning to melt. Meaning, your driveway and patio is slowly making an appearance, which is why it is important to start maintaining your curb appeal now.
A new year means a new look and Bomanite experts are highly experienced in stamped concrete and know exactly which styles to choose to give your driveway that rich glow. Show off yard this year by staying up to date with current trends that Bomanite proudly supplies. Below we have listed the most popular options for concrete this year.
Exposed aggregate – Exposed aggregate is a unique concrete product that blends modern patterns with vintage prestige because the finishing coat displays all the stones and pebbles that lay underneath the concrete. The exposure of rocks creates a realistic representation of natural textures, while supplementing a smoother, and extremely durable surface. Exposed aggregate comes in a variety of colours that you can customize to fit your home’s aesthetic.
Limestone concrete pool decks – Limestone concrete is a strong and more resistant product that when installed contrast a stunning finish, and are especially beneficial around a pool. Due to limestone’s durability, the product is able to withstand large bodies of water and last longer than other concretes.
Cool tones of grey – Settle for more relaxed tones of grey on your walkways or patios for a simple but eye-catching appearance, and also flattering throughout the whole year.
It is never too early to plan for summer renovations and consulting professionals like Bomanite ensure the efficiency and attraction of your walkway. Luckily, you can visit Bomanite experts at the National Home show on March 9th to 18th 2018 where they will be available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
For more information on stamped concrete, visit our website at
If you haven’t begun outdoor holiday decorating, a good place to start is with your front door, porch or walkway. Nothing is more welcoming for your guests than a splash of greenery, simple bows or a lush wreath that says, “Happy Holidays”. You can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish, but before the temperatures drop any further get in the creative zone, put on some festive music and go at it. Here’s how.
- Hang a beautiful wreath on your front door. Many nurseries have them as simple or as lush as you would like. You can pick one up at your local grocery store if time is of the essence. For added sparkle, you can purchase some battery-operated lights for an added festive feature. Look for them at Chapters Indigo, Pier 1 or anywhere Christmas lights are sold. You can also opt for an artificial one. Decorate it yourself with ornaments or pinecones. Ideas are endless for either one.
- You know those urns of potted plants you had all summer? Yes those. You can either pot a real cedar tree on either side of your door, add white lights or you can refill them with greenery, some dogwood, pine stumps, holly and a bright bow to make your porch festive and welcoming. There are two types of cedar, BC cedar that is softer and drapes beautifully, or Ontario cedar, which is great filler and adds volume. A mixture of greenery makes your urn fuller and richer. You can add some seeded eucalyptus or salal leaves.
- Add a garland of greenery – Most places will offer cedar and pine garland and you can hang it around your porch or banister. Line it with white lights or coloured lights. Now you can be festive both day and night.
- Add spotlights – If strings of light are too much for you, settle on coloured spotlights to highlight your home. Try a combination of colour like red and green or opt for a monochromatic palette like all blue, all green etc. There are some new products out there so visit your local Canadian Tire, Home Depot or Lowes for more ideas.
- Check out your local retailers on how to light up that beautiful Bomanite walkway. Keep in mind that they have to work with or without snow or possible rain. Your best bet would be path lights that are put up and connected to the rest of your outdoor lights. It’s a good idea to work them into your Christmas light display like the below example.
For more inspiration, search Pinterest or Google. You’ll find plenty of ideas online or even at your local retailer.
Happy Holidays from Bomanite!
Stamped concrete is undeniably beautiful and creates a wonderful look for your home. However, there are other options to select from and Bomanite wants you to be informed before you make your decisions!
A new trend that is actually a lot more modern than you may think is exposed aggregate concrete. This decorative style of concrete can be used in multiple areas of the home including driveways, walkways and patios. It is a popular choice for each of these areas due to its aesthetic value, low maintenance, and non-slip surface. It is also extremely durable and strong, which is why it can be used in almost every outdoor design.
Exposed aggregate concrete is extremely popular due to its smooth finish, which displays small stones and pebbles within the concrete. It is available in a variety of colours, so you are able to customize the appearance to your preference.
There are so many advantages to exposed aggregate for your home! Not only can you use it almost anywhere, it is also a unique look that most people don’t have. It is both beautiful and durable, which is all you could want for your home!
We would be happy to service you with exposed aggregate concrete if you live in Toronto or the surrounding area. Call us today for a free quote or visit bomanite.ca for more information.
Concrete comes in many different types of finishes! It’s not always easy to pick when there are so many options available to you! What you may not know is that Bomanite specializes in a sandscape concrete finish for outdoor applications. A sandscape finish offers a twist on a traditional look through the possibility of many different patterns and styles. The final product is always a modern look that elevates the look of a building. Not only does sandscape concrete look great for pool decks, driveways and walkways, but it also the perfect option for commercial concrete services.
Through specialized mix designs, additives and advancements in application, Bomanite has created a specialized Sandscape Texture. This offers the perfect, modern option for outdoor concrete finishes. If you’re looking for a stunning but also practical concrete finish, then you may want to consider sandscape. This finish is an economical alternate to other types of decorative concrete. It is durable, attractive and easy to maintain. It’s a great option for those looking at an upcoming outdoor renovation.
Bomanite would be happy to service you! For more information about sandscape concrete in Vaughan or the GTA, visit bomanite.ca
So I am pretty sure all of my fellow Torontonians couldn’t be happier with the amazing weather we have been getting. 10 degrees in February I don’t think we could complain this year, especially if we consider what we are usually used to this time of year.
With all this good weather it gives us wishful thinking that we can start our season nice and early this year! Have you started to think of your new summer renovation project yet? Are you considering a new pool deck, patio, or driveway? Why not choose Bomanite! Bomanite has been in the industry of decorative concrete for over 25 years. We don’t just specialized in stamp concrete, we have a variety of different looks that are sure to fit anybody’s personal style. I personally know that all the good winter weather is giving me high hopes for a gorgeous summer. What a great way to entertain with a new stamped concrete patio for all those barbecues we hope to be having.
Give Bomanite a call today or drop by our showroom to see what we have to offer I am sure we won’t disappoint. Fingers crossed this weather stays this way!!