If you haven’t begun outdoor holiday decorating, a good place to start is with your front door, porch or walkway. Nothing is more welcoming for your guests than a splash of greenery, simple bows or a lush wreath that says, “Happy Holidays”. You can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish, but before the temperatures drop any further get in the creative zone, put on some festive music and go at it. Here’s how.
- Hang a beautiful wreath on your front door. Many nurseries have them as simple or as lush as you would like. You can pick one up at your local grocery store if time is of the essence. For added sparkle, you can purchase some battery-operated lights for an added festive feature. Look for them at Chapters Indigo, Pier 1 or anywhere Christmas lights are sold. You can also opt for an artificial one. Decorate it yourself with ornaments or pinecones. Ideas are endless for either one.
- You know those urns of potted plants you had all summer? Yes those. You can either pot a real cedar tree on either side of your door, add white lights or you can refill them with greenery, some dogwood, pine stumps, holly and a bright bow to make your porch festive and welcoming. There are two types of cedar, BC cedar that is softer and drapes beautifully, or Ontario cedar, which is great filler and adds volume. A mixture of greenery makes your urn fuller and richer. You can add some seeded eucalyptus or salal leaves.
- Add a garland of greenery – Most places will offer cedar and pine garland and you can hang it around your porch or banister. Line it with white lights or coloured lights. Now you can be festive both day and night.
- Add spotlights – If strings of light are too much for you, settle on coloured spotlights to highlight your home. Try a combination of colour like red and green or opt for a monochromatic palette like all blue, all green etc. There are some new products out there so visit your local Canadian Tire, Home Depot or Lowes for more ideas.
- Check out your local retailers on how to light up that beautiful Bomanite walkway. Keep in mind that they have to work with or without snow or possible rain. Your best bet would be path lights that are put up and connected to the rest of your outdoor lights. It’s a good idea to work them into your Christmas light display like the below example.
For more inspiration, search Pinterest or Google. You’ll find plenty of ideas online or even at your local retailer.
Happy Holidays from Bomanite!
Bomanite’s concrete design centre is where all the inspiration lies! From residential concrete services such as concrete driveways and walkways all the way to concrete pool decks, patios and more, this is where you will find everything you need to create your vision.
Bomanite’s concrete design centre is newly renovated and offers the perfect place to browse through concrete products and choose exactly what you are looking for. There is plenty of space and a wide selection, so customers are able to take their time and explore everything Bomanite has to offer.
It’s harder to imagine what something would look like without actually seeing and touching it. That’s why we encourage clients to come in and see for themselves exactly what our concrete is all about. You will also have a chance to talk to our experienced consultants who will be prepared to help you with any ideas and concerns you may have. Whether you are trying to create a concrete driveway, walkway or any other type of design, they will be able to assist you.
Bomanite’s concrete design centre is located in the heart of Vaughan, near Highway 27 and Highway 407. Whether you live in Brampton, Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan, Toronto, Oakville, Milton or any other part of the GTA, we are accessible to you!
Contact us today to schedule your visit or take a look at bomanite.ca for more information!
Everyone is constantly looking for the latest outdoor trends to elevate the overall look of their home. One thing that is guaranteed to never go out of style is a concrete pool deck. If your backyard has a pool, you know that it is the focal point of the yard. That’s why the surrounding area should highlight and emphasize your pool, which is exactly what a concrete deck can do.
There are so many options to select from if you opt for concrete in your backyard. Different colours and textures are available, so each pool deck can be customized to suit your own stylistic preferences. With all these options, you will be able to select a design that will complement the exterior of your home and also supplement your outdoor environment.
Stamped concrete pool decks are one of the most popular options. It offers durability and strength as well as the ability to replicate traditionally expensive materials such as stone or wood. Architectural concrete is also a possibility if you would like an intricate design around the pool.
Less common, but extremely attractive, is an exposed aggregate concrete pool deck. This style creates an exposed finish, which means small stones and pebbles become visible. This modern look can create an interesting pool deck unlike what you may be used to seeing.
Bomanite would be happy to service you with a concrete pool deck! Call us today or visit bomanite.ca for more information.
So I am pretty sure all of my fellow Torontonians couldn’t be happier with the amazing weather we have been getting. 10 degrees in February I don’t think we could complain this year, especially if we consider what we are usually used to this time of year.
With all this good weather it gives us wishful thinking that we can start our season nice and early this year! Have you started to think of your new summer renovation project yet? Are you considering a new pool deck, patio, or driveway? Why not choose Bomanite! Bomanite has been in the industry of decorative concrete for over 25 years. We don’t just specialized in stamp concrete, we have a variety of different looks that are sure to fit anybody’s personal style. I personally know that all the good winter weather is giving me high hopes for a gorgeous summer. What a great way to entertain with a new stamped concrete patio for all those barbecues we hope to be having.
Give Bomanite a call today or drop by our showroom to see what we have to offer I am sure we won’t disappoint. Fingers crossed this weather stays this way!!