If you haven’t begun outdoor holiday decorating, a good place to start is with your front door, porch or walkway. Nothing is more welcoming for your guests than a splash of greenery, simple bows or a lush wreath that says, “Happy Holidays”. You can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish, but before the temperatures drop any further get in the creative zone, put on some festive music and go at it. Here’s how.
- Hang a beautiful wreath on your front door. Many nurseries have them as simple or as lush as you would like. You can pick one up at your local grocery store if time is of the essence. For added sparkle, you can purchase some battery-operated lights for an added festive feature. Look for them at Chapters Indigo, Pier 1 or anywhere Christmas lights are sold. You can also opt for an artificial one. Decorate it yourself with ornaments or pinecones. Ideas are endless for either one.
- You know those urns of potted plants you had all summer? Yes those. You can either pot a real cedar tree on either side of your door, add white lights or you can refill them with greenery, some dogwood, pine stumps, holly and a bright bow to make your porch festive and welcoming. There are two types of cedar, BC cedar that is softer and drapes beautifully, or Ontario cedar, which is great filler and adds volume. A mixture of greenery makes your urn fuller and richer. You can add some seeded eucalyptus or salal leaves.
- Add a garland of greenery – Most places will offer cedar and pine garland and you can hang it around your porch or banister. Line it with white lights or coloured lights. Now you can be festive both day and night.
- Add spotlights – If strings of light are too much for you, settle on coloured spotlights to highlight your home. Try a combination of colour like red and green or opt for a monochromatic palette like all blue, all green etc. There are some new products out there so visit your local Canadian Tire, Home Depot or Lowes for more ideas.
- Check out your local retailers on how to light up that beautiful Bomanite walkway. Keep in mind that they have to work with or without snow or possible rain. Your best bet would be path lights that are put up and connected to the rest of your outdoor lights. It’s a good idea to work them into your Christmas light display like the below example.
For more inspiration, search Pinterest or Google. You’ll find plenty of ideas online or even at your local retailer.
Happy Holidays from Bomanite!
With summer just around the corner, the thought of jumping into a refreshing pool is exciting and intriguing, but before you can begin building, you must ensure the job will get done properly. Bomanite wants you to successfully install a pool that will provide you with the backyard of your dreams.
Hiring an expert to install your pool will not only make your pool visually appealing, but they are willing to cater to your needs to map out, shape, size and depth of your pool correctly. Professionals are conscious of the important elements in your backyard surroundings like sprinklers, trees and gardens as well as consider different ways to approach the project without damaging or putting your home at risk.
Installing a pool and concrete pool decks can be expensive. After carefully observing your backyard, an expert can work out pricing and stay within your decided budget. A pool is a long-term commitment and it is important to invest suitably.
It is also important to consult a landscape expert, like Bomanite, before planning to install your pool. We will ensure that you have the perfect strategy to move forward with your backyard renovation. With the help of skilled consultants at Bomanite, you are guaranteed to have the most beautiful concrete pool deck imaginable.
Bomanite offers an array of products including concrete polishing, allowing your pool to be the first thing you see and adore once you step outside into your yard.
We would be more than glad to service you with a concrete pool deck! Bomanite is available in Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Milton, and Aurora. Visit bomanite.ca for more information.
Concrete comes in many different types of finishes! It’s not always easy to pick when there are so many options available to you! What you may not know is that Bomanite specializes in a sandscape concrete finish for outdoor applications. A sandscape finish offers a twist on a traditional look through the possibility of many different patterns and styles. The final product is always a modern look that elevates the look of a building. Not only does sandscape concrete look great for pool decks, driveways and walkways, but it also the perfect option for commercial concrete services.
Through specialized mix designs, additives and advancements in application, Bomanite has created a specialized Sandscape Texture. This offers the perfect, modern option for outdoor concrete finishes. If you’re looking for a stunning but also practical concrete finish, then you may want to consider sandscape. This finish is an economical alternate to other types of decorative concrete. It is durable, attractive and easy to maintain. It’s a great option for those looking at an upcoming outdoor renovation.
Bomanite would be happy to service you! For more information about sandscape concrete in Vaughan or the GTA, visit bomanite.ca
Everyone is constantly looking for the latest outdoor trends to elevate the overall look of their home. One thing that is guaranteed to never go out of style is a concrete pool deck. If your backyard has a pool, you know that it is the focal point of the yard. That’s why the surrounding area should highlight and emphasize your pool, which is exactly what a concrete deck can do.
There are so many options to select from if you opt for concrete in your backyard. Different colours and textures are available, so each pool deck can be customized to suit your own stylistic preferences. With all these options, you will be able to select a design that will complement the exterior of your home and also supplement your outdoor environment.
Stamped concrete pool decks are one of the most popular options. It offers durability and strength as well as the ability to replicate traditionally expensive materials such as stone or wood. Architectural concrete is also a possibility if you would like an intricate design around the pool.
Less common, but extremely attractive, is an exposed aggregate concrete pool deck. This style creates an exposed finish, which means small stones and pebbles become visible. This modern look can create an interesting pool deck unlike what you may be used to seeing.
Bomanite would be happy to service you with a concrete pool deck! Call us today or visit bomanite.ca for more information.
Summer and concrete really do go hand in hand! The hot weather has arrived, which means it’s the perfect time for outdoor renovations. Take a look around your backyard. Is it time for an upgrade? If you love the outdoors and you are constantly hosting guests in the summertime, the answer should be yes. Start considering how to elevate your backyard area.
There are many different options available to you, some of which you may not even have known about! First and foremost, you have to begin with a new stamped concrete patio. As opposed to the traditional wood patio, stamped concrete can create stylish patterns in unlimited designs. There are many colours available to match your home and there are many patterns to select from. With stamped concrete, you can mimic other popular materials, such as brick, slate, tile and more.
Next, you can get creative. If you have a pool or a hot tub, use stamped concrete to create an elegant look! An architectural concrete design can take your pool area from looking like a regular backyard to an exotic getaway vacation at your own home.
Finally, you can complete the whole look with the finishing touches in your outdoor space! If you have walkways or steps in your backyard, concrete can be the perfect option. Stamped concrete is a great investment as well because of its durability in the outdoor weather.
We’d be happy to service you with decorative stamped concrete if you live in Toronto or the surrounding area. Call us today for a free quote or visit http://bomanite.ca/services/residential/concrete-driveways/ for more information.
So I am pretty sure all of my fellow Torontonians couldn’t be happier with the amazing weather we have been getting. 10 degrees in February I don’t think we could complain this year, especially if we consider what we are usually used to this time of year.
With all this good weather it gives us wishful thinking that we can start our season nice and early this year! Have you started to think of your new summer renovation project yet? Are you considering a new pool deck, patio, or driveway? Why not choose Bomanite! Bomanite has been in the industry of decorative concrete for over 25 years. We don’t just specialized in stamp concrete, we have a variety of different looks that are sure to fit anybody’s personal style. I personally know that all the good winter weather is giving me high hopes for a gorgeous summer. What a great way to entertain with a new stamped concrete patio for all those barbecues we hope to be having.
Give Bomanite a call today or drop by our showroom to see what we have to offer I am sure we won’t disappoint. Fingers crossed this weather stays this way!!